Magister en Ingeniería Juan David Parra
94032 Passau, Germany
I am a research assistant and trying to obtain my Doctor degree at the IT security chair. In particular, I am interested in exploring unconventional attacks using HTML5 technologies to use the browser's resources as well as their countermeasures.
I am currently the work package leader for the security tasks in the AGILE project. The main focus on our work in this project is on identity management, access and usage control of the data, and data provenance collection.
I have previously worked for the COMPOSE Project, where my tasks were related to identity management, data provenance, and reputation collection.
- Unconventional attacks based on HTML5 technologies
- Parasitic computing
- Machine Learning methods applied to security
- Internet of Things
- Parra R. J. D. A Generic Lightweight and Scalable Access Control Framework for IoT Gateways. In Information Security Theory and Practice, pages 207-222, Springer International Publishing, 2019. doi... pdf... bibtex ...
- Soza, R., Kiraly, C. and Parra R. J. D. Short Paper: Offloading Execution from Edge to Cloud: a Dynamic Node-RED Based Approach. In IEEE 10th International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology
and Science, CloudCom 2018, Cyprus, December 10-13, 2018, 2018. to appear pdf... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D. a. P. J. RAPID: Resource and API-Based Detection Against In-Browser Miners. In ACSAC 2018: Proceedings of the 34th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, ACM, 2018. doi... pdf... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D., Brehm, E. and Posegga, J. When Your Browser Becomes the Paper Boy. In ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection, pages 94-107, Springer International Publishing, 2018. pdf... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D. and Posegga, J. Local Storage on Steroids: Abusing Web Browsers for Hidden Content Storage and Distribution. In Proc. of 14th EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SECURECOMM), Aug., 2018. pdf... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D. and Posegga, J. CSP & Co. Can Save Us from a Rogue Cross-Origin Storage Browser Network! But for How Long?. In Proceedings of the Eighth ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy, pages 170-172, ACM, May, 2018. doi... paper... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D., Schreckling, D. and Posegga,Joachim. Addressing Data-Centric Security Requirements for IoT-Based Systems. In 2016 International Workshop on Secure Internet of Things (SIoT), pages 1-10, September, 2016. doi... pdf... bibtex ...
- D. Schreckling, J. D. P. Rodriguez and J. Posegga. Data centric Security for IoT. In Proc. of 2nd EAI International Conference on IoT as a Service, Springer, October, 2015. To appear soon bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D. and Posegga, J. Why Servers Should Fear their Clients: Abusing Websockets in Browsers for DoS. In Proc. of 11th EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SECURECOMM), 2015. pdf... bibtex ...
- Parra R. J. D., Schreckling, D. and Posegga, J. Identity Management in Platforms Offering IoT as a Service. In Internet of Things. User-Centric IoT, pages 281-288, Springer International Publishing, 2015. doi... paper... bibtex ...
- IoTWeek 2014 ( London 17.06.2014) Session on IERC- Trusted Internet of Things
- GETD#4 Summit & Hackathon Berlin ( Berlin 22.07.2016) Identity Panel
- Daniel Nachtmann's Bachelor Thesis: Integration of a Trust and Reputation system in Cloud Foundry
- Per Fuchs's Bachelor Thesis: DoS Detection in NodeRED
- Eduard Brehm's Bachelor Thesis: Web Based P2P Anonymizing Network